On this coming long weekend the Athletic Centre will be closed from Saturday, August 4 through Monday, August 6. As a result, practices on Sunday, August 5, and Monday, August 6, have been cancelled.
Practice on Friday, August 3, will run as usual and the regular schedule will resume on Tuesday, August 7.
Enjoy the long weekend. The city operated outdoor pools will be open (weather permitting):
Particularly popular with Master’s swimmers is the D.D. Summerville Pool at Lakeshore east and Woodbine:
There will be no practices on the upcoming Canada Day long weekend – that is Sunday, July 1, and Monday, July 2.
The Athletic Centre will be closed all day on Monday, July 2, but open with reduced programs on Sunday, July 1.
Enjoy your long weekend – the weather is expected to be nice and all city operated outdoor pools are no open for the season (weather permitting).
The 2018 Summer term starts with the practice this Sunday, June 24, 2018. You must be registered either for the Summer term or for the 2018-2019 full year in order to swim with TMU this term.
Our general practice schedule for the summer is the same as in the spring:
- Sunday mornings, 10 – 11:50 AM, 50m, 4 lanes LC.
- Monday mornings, 7:30 – 9 AM, 50m, 8 lanes SC.
- Tuesday evenings, 7 – 9 PM, 50m, 4 lanes SC.
- Wednesday mornings, 7:30 – 9 AM, 50m, 8 lanes SC.
- Friday evenings, 7 – 9 PM, 25yd.
Each practice is typically attended by at least one coach, often two. The coaches will assign swimmers to different lanes according to their speed. Please follow the coaches’ advise at all times and also follow the practice etiquette rules (http://tmu.ca/pool-etiquette).
There will be a few changes and cancellations in the summer term:
- Monday, July 2 – cancelled, AC closed for Canada Day.
- All Wednesdays July 4 through August 8 – practice moved to north end of 50m pool.
- Sunday, August 5 – cancelled, AC closed August 4-6 for Civic Day weekend.
- Monday, August 6 – cancelled, AC closed August 4-6 for Civic Day weekend.
There might be a few more cancellations and changes throughout the term which will be announced on this web site and also communicated through the club’s listserv. The same holds true for cancellations and changes due to unforeseen circumstances.
Should a practice have to be cancelled on a short notice we will do our best to get an announcement out in time.
A few weeks ago TMU member Damra Camat attended the Canadian Masters Swimming Championships in Calgary (May 19 – 21, 2018) as the sole representative of our club.
The meet was very well organized and there were swimmers from all over Canada, a bunch even from the United States!
Damra competed in the 800m freestyle and won the silver medal in her age group. She finished 4th place in all of the rest of her events:
- 400m freestyle
- 100m breaststroke
- 50m breaststroke
Damra started swimming a year ago in May 2017 and joined TMU in the fall. The meet was a huge success for her, in only her first year with TMU.
Here are a few pictures:
Monday morning practice is cancelled for May 21. The AC is closed for Victoria Day.
The surrent Winter term ends with the practice on Friday, April 27, 2018. You must be registered either for the Spring term or for the full year in order to swim with TMU after April 27.
Registration for the 2018 Spring and Summer terms as well as for the 2018-2019 Full Year is open. Registration can be done in person in the Main Office or online.
The Spring term starts on Monday, April 30 and ends on Friday, June 22, the Summer term , starts on Sunday, June 24 and runs until Sunday, August 12. The 2018-2019 Full Year runs from April 30, 2018 through April 2019.
The schedule for Spring and Summer is:
- Sundays 10-11:50 AM, 50m LC, 4 lanes
- Mondays 7:30-9 AM, 50m SC
- Tuesdays 7-9 PM, 50m SC, 4 lanes
- Wednesdays 7:30-9 AM, 50m SC
- Fridays 7-9 PM, 25 yd.
Practice is cancelled on the following dates:
- Monday, May 21 – cancelled, AC closed for Victoria Day
- Monday, July 2 – cancelled, Canada Day long weekend – AC closed.
- Sunday, August 5 – cancelled, Civic Day long weekens. – AC closed.
- Monday, August 6 – cancelled, AC closed for Civic Day.
Due to an event in the 50m pool practice has been moved to the 25yd pool and to the 9-10:30 time slot.